When people think of self storage, many assume it’s a permanent solution to storing extra items and valuables. That doesn’t always have to be the case, though. Committing to one self storage unit for a long time isn’t ideal for everyone, which is why we offer month-to-month rental options for those who aren’t sure how long they need storage, how much storage they need, or for those who are only looking for a temporary solution. There are plenty of benefits to choosing a short-term rental plan with StorAmerica, including:
- No Deposit
- Flexible Leasing Plans
- Auto Pay
- Online Bill Pay
- Clean, Affordable Units
- Enhanced Security
- Easy Access
- Tenant Protection Plans Available
Why Short Term Storage?
Sometimes short term storage works best. That’s because not only do our month-to-month rental plans work with your schedule, but they are convenient and affordable. Even if you don’t know how long you will be storing your things, StorAmerica will help you find the perfect storage unit and leasing plan. We aim to make each customer’s self storage experience as convenient and stress-free as possible, which is why we cater to your schedule. Let’s break down the different reasons for month-to-month storage rentals:
- Military Families: Serving our country is a huge job that comes with a ton of stress on military families. Picking up and moving to a new place several times is a big undertaking, which is why self storage steps in to help. If you know you’ll be in a new place for a short amount of time, or you’re waiting to get your next orders, a month-to-month leasing plan is perfect for you. We want to make your next transition the best one yet, so let us help you eliminate some stress by keeping your valuables safe.
- Students: Maybe you’re planning to go home for the summer, but moving your things all the way back with you is a hassle – especially if it’s only for a few months. Or you may be upgrading from your dorm to an apartment, but you don’t have anywhere to put your stuff in the meantime. You may also be moving into a place for the first time and simply brought too much stuff. Whatever your unique situation, StorAmerica is here to help! Our rental plans are not only affordable, but they are catered to your time schedule.
- Home Owners: Whether you’re moving across the street or across the country, temporary self storage can be your go-to solution. Unexpected situations can always arise – the person selling their home may not be ready, or the weather may delay plans to build your new home. Maybe you just want some extra space. Whatever the case, an affordable storage plan can help along the way.
- Business Owners: Is your business growing? Are you looking relocating to a new office soon? Temporary self storage is the perfect solution! Whether you just need some extra room for records and files, or you need a place to store furniture and equipment while you make the move to an upgraded office, we’ll work with you to find a unit for however long you need it. It’s also the perfect solution for that extra inventory you weren’t expecting – or to stock up in preparation for the holidays.
Tips for Short Term Storage
Whether you’re staying for one month or one year, it’s important to plan ahead. Here are some helpful tips as you gear up to move your things into your new storage unit:
- Make a list of all your stored items. Keep your list in a safe place or a deposit box to help keep track of your things.
- Clearly label your boxes. Make sure you label them on all four sides, so you can access them more easily.
- Prioritize your items. Pack the items you don’t need access to in the back of your unit, and the things you need to get to quickly in the front.
- Consider extra room. If you know you will be accessing your stuff often, consider getting a unit with a little extra room. That way you can create pathways to your items as you pack them in your unit.
- Use consistent box sizes. Same sized boxes will be much easier to stack and store.
- Cover furniture with sheets. Even if your furniture won’t be in storage long, it’s important to protect it from dust and moisture.
The best part about month-to-month rentals is that if something comes up and you find yourself in need of a more extended storage stay, no problem! You can stay as long as you need.
With all the benefits of short term storage, and some helpful guides to help you along the way, now it’s time to find a StorAmerica facility near you. Use our facility search tool to find your next unit!